Monday, October 31, 2011

someday...

A nurse friend of mine posted this undeniably adorable little story on facebook the other night - it just made my day...
"Just met the most incredible 95 year old man when he came into the hospital to visit his wife of 61 years. He walked with barely the use of a walker, was witty, well dressed, and the love he had for his wife and life shown through in everything he did. He told me "when you have the Lord and the greatest girl in the world, how could life get any better?" He gave me a hug goodbye as he thanked me for caring for his wife; little did he know that I was the thankful one for having had met them..."

i read this with tears in my eyes and joy in my heart to know that this little lady was loved by a man God had specifically designed for her. this is the kind of love i am happy to wait for. :)

Jeremiah 29: 11- 13
11 For I know the plans that I [h]have for you,’ declares the LORD, ‘plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope. 12 Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart.

1 comment: